Favorite Things to Do This Holiday Season in Columbus
A list of our favorite things to do this holiday season in Columbus, Ohio is here!
The holidays are upon us and you may be looking for something fun to do, whether it be a night out or a family outing. Here are some of our top things to do through the end of the year including festivals, light shows, shopping, and more. All of these events are kid-friendly.
- Wildlights: November 16, 2018 – January 6, 2019, Sunday – Saturday 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Friday & Saturday 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Located at Columbus Zoo & Aquarium in Powell at 4850 W Powell Rd. Wildlights is a staple of things to do this holiday season in Columbus, where you can view millions of lights, enjoy holiday treats, and tour wintry animal exhibits. Reindeers and polar bears never fail to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Butch Bando’s Fantasy of Lights: November 16, 2018 – January 1, 2019, Sunday through Thursday 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM, Friday and Saturday 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM. Located at Alum Creek State Park Campgrounds in Delaware at 3311 South Old State Rd. Enjoy a phenomenal light show from the comfort and warmth of your own car at this holiday event. Just across the street is even more fun at Santa’s House, located at Cross Creek Camping Resort.
- Conservatory Aglow: November 17, 2018 – January 2, 2019, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Extended hours beginning December 1, 2018, 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Located at Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus at 1777 E. Broad St. Poinsettia plants, hand-blown glass, and light installations create ample photo opportunities within the gorgeous conservatory and gardens. Several themed events are held throughout the holiday season including Breakfast with Santa, Create a Gingerbread House, and more.
- Easton Town Center: November 20, 2018 – December 24, 2018, event times vary. Located in Columbus at 160 Easton Town Center. The holiday season is in full effect at Easton Town Center with themed decor inside and out. Enjoy several holiday events during November and December including carriage rides, photos with Santa, shopping, and more.
- Dragon Lights: November 23, 2018 – January 6, 2019, Tuesday through Sunday 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM. Located at Ohio Expo Center in Columbus at 717 E. 17th Ave. Experience illuminated displays from Chinese Artists during the holiday season with lanterns, performances, handicrafts, food, and more.
- Jingle Bell Run: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 8:00 AM. Located at Genoa Park in Columbus at 303 W Broad St. The Jingle Bell Run is a holiday-themed 5K race, raising funds and awareness for the Arthritis Foundation. The Saturday event provides something fun to do with friends and family through the morning.
- WinterFest: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Located at Bicentennial Park in Columbus at 233 Civic Center Dr. Enjoy music, food trucks, and art along the Scioto Mile with river views. Bicentennial Park will showcase holiday lights beginning November 21, 2018.
- BalletMet’s The Nutcracker: December 7, 2018 – December 23, 2018, show times vary. Located at Ohio Theatre in Columbus at 39 E State St. The Nutcracker during the holiday season in Columbus is perfect for the family or a night out on the town. Experience tradition with professional dancers, beautifully designed costumes, and stunning sceneries within the historic Ohio Theatre.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 3:00 PM & 8:00 PM. Located at Nationwide Arena in Columbus at 200 W Nationwide Blvd. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra will make its way to Columbus once again, helping to finish up the Holiday season through rock music.
What is at the top of your list of things to do this holiday season in Columbus?